Child Care and Early Education

Family and Nutrition Bureau (CACFP)

Registered (License-Exempt) and Licensed Home Providers are required to enroll with a Food Program Sponsor as a condition of their status. PreK programs are also required to enroll in the CACFP.

To apply to receive CACFP reimbursement, click here. To find a Food Program Sponsor in your area, click here.

For a directory of Family Nutrition Bureau resources, documents, and forms, pleaseĀ click here.

ECECD’s Family Nutrition Bureau administers two USDA Child Nutrition Programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program and the Summer Food Service Program. The funds provided through these programs help ensure that eligible children and adults receive nutritious meals that meet USDA meal pattern requirements.

For more information on ECECD’s Family Nutrition Program, please call (505) 841-4856 (in Albuquerque) or (505) 827-9961 (in Santa Fe).

To find the summer food meal site nearest you, visit or call 1-800-EAT-COOL.

Please note: In addition to licensing or registered home requirements, each city and county has rules about business in their localities. Check with your city government offices about rules and regulations and fees that apply to your home based child care.

Food Nutrition Bureau Staff


Quick Links and Useful Information

Early Childhood Education and Family Services Portal

Moments Together NM

Am I Eligible Application for Child Care Assistance

YES NM Portal Application for Services