Child Care and Early Education

Becoming a Provider


New Mexico has specific requirements that you will need to comply with in order to become a New Mexico ECECD state licensed or registered child care provider. You should first determine the specific type of child care license or certification you are interested in getting. Child care licensing in New Mexico is administered by ECECD Child Care Services Bureau.

To find out more about becoming a licensed or registered child care provider in our state, click on this link.

Already licensed or registered? For information on training, click here.

To access the New Mexico Child Care Regulations, click here.
Licensing/Registration Documents Library

Enrolling in the Child and Adult Care Food Program

Man holding baby

Family Nutrition Bureau Forms Library

Registered (License-Exempt) and Licensed Home Providers are required to enroll with a Food Program Sponsor as a condition of their status. PreK programs are also required to enroll in the CACFP.

To apply to receive CACFP reimbursement, click here.

To find a Food Program Sponsor in your area, click here.

For a directory of Family Nutrition Bureau resources, documents, and forms, please click here.

ECECD’s Family Nutrition Bureau administers two USDA Child Nutrition Programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program and the Summer Food Service Program. The funds provided through these programs help ensure that eligible children and adults receive nutritious meals that meet USDA meal pattern requirements.

For more information on ECECD’s Family Nutrition Program, please call (505) 841-4856 (in Albuquerque) or (505) 827-9961 (in Santa Fe).

To find the summer food meal site nearest you, visit or call 1-800-EAT-COOL.

Please note: In addition to licensing or registered home requirements, each city and county has rules about business in their localities. Check with your city government offices about rules and regulations and fees that apply to your home based child care.


Quick Links and Useful Information

Early Childhood Education and Family Services Portal

Moments Together NM

Am I Eligible Application for Child Care Assistance

YES NM Portal Application for Services