<< Go Back
The NewMexicoKids.org website was created in 1996 as a portal for New Mexico families and early care and education personnel to find information for early childhood professional development, training and technical assistance, child care referrals and child development information. The primary goals of the website are:
- To assist the Children, Youth and Families Department, Office of Child Development (OCD) in its statutorily authorized mission of implementing a statewide system of professional development for those working with children from birth through eight years of age and their families and those working with children and families in before and after school care programs.
- To support the four early childhood Training and Technical Assistance Programs serving the state of New Mexico. The four Training and Technical Assistance Programs are: Eastern New Mexico University, University of New Mexico – Continuing Education, University of New Mexico – Taos Branch, and Western New Mexico University.
- To support New Mexico Quality Rating Improvement Look for the STARS/AIM HIGH System for licensed early childhood programs.
- To support families in their search for child development information and referrals to state registered or licensed child care providers.
- To provide links to early childhood partner organizations and agencies that offer information and resources related to early learning.
The NewMexicoKids IT team at the University of New Mexico Division of Continuing Education has primary responsibility for the design and updating of the website, in close consultation with the Office of Child Development, Early Childhood Division of the Children, Youth and Families Department.