New Mexico has specific requirements that you will need to comply with in order to become a New Mexico ECECD state licensed or registered child care provider. You should first determine the specific type of child care license or certification you are interested in getting, described below. Child care licensing in New Mexico is administered by ECECD Child Care Services Bureau.

Already licensed or registered? For information on training, click here.

Licensed Child Care

For a directory of documents and forms needed to become a licensed provider, please click here.

Registered Family Child Care Home (Certified: Non-Licensed Child Care Homes)

Register as a family child care home provider by submitting a completed Non-Licensed Registered Family Child Care Home Application with all supporting documentation to your local Regulatory Oversight Office. For a directory of documents and forms needed to become a registered provider, please click here. For a calendar of RECEC events (training for Registered Home Providers), please click here.

Enrolling in the Child and Adult Care Food Program

Family Nutrition Bureau Forms Library

Registered (License-Exempt) and Licensed Home Providers are required to enroll with a Food Program Sponsor as a condition of their status. PreK programs are also required to enroll in the CACFP.

To apply to receive CACFP reimbursement, click here.
To find a Food Program Sponsor in your area, click here.

For a directory of Family Nutrition Bureau resources, documents, and forms, please click here.

ECECD's Family Nutrition Bureau administers two USDA Child Nutrition Programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program and the Summer Food Service Program. The funds provided through these programs help ensure that eligible children and adults receive nutritious meals that meet USDA meal pattern requirements.

For more information on ECECD's Family Nutrition Program, please call (505) 841-4856 (in Albuquerque) or (505) 827-9961 (in Santa Fe).

To find the summer food meal site nearest you, visit or call 1-800-EAT-COOL.

Please note: In addition to licensing or registered home requirements, each city and county has rules about business in their localities. Check with your city government offices about rules and regulations and fees that apply to your home based child care.