Quality Child Care is possible when families have options.
Today’s families face many challenges and finding child care is one
of those challenges. For many, child care outside the home is both
a necessity and a reality. NewMexicoKids Child Care Resource &
Referral is a statewide service dedicated to:
- Helping families find child care
- Supporting families as decision makers
- Offering technical support and resources to families and child
Please check our site to learn about:
- FOCUS on Young Children’s Learning is New Mexico’s
third generation Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement
- Current licensing and other regulations
- “Mario’s Search”
- Other NM child-relevant information
Steps to Choosing Quality Child Care
- Start Early
Finding the right child care option takes time so families must start their child care search as far in advance as possible.
- Make Contact
Families can visit this site to search for child care online or they can call 505-277-7900 in the Albuquerque area or statewide at 1-800-691-9067.
- Visit, Ask Questions & Make a Choice
Families should visit the child care options they are considering and ask questions pertaining to issues that are important to them. Make more than one visit to the program before making a final decision.
- Stay Involved
Stay involved at every level of your child’s care and educational experiences regardless of the type of setting (center, in-home, pre-school, etc.)